CONDITIONS AND GUIDELINES FOR TRADERS
1. All produce/products offered for sale must be grown, reared, caught, pickled, baked, Brewed, smoked or produced by the stallholder.
All produce/products offered for sale must be locally grown or produced.
This market defines local as a 50 mile radius of the market, from which the Majority of producers will be drawn. Producers outside will be allowed to trade if no local producer is available.
The maximum distance permitted will be 100 miles.
2. Producers must sell their own produce at the stall. No bought in produce is allowed to be sold. Only certified organic produce can trade under the ORGANIC label.
3. Only the producer, his/her family or an employee/representative of the organization who is directly involved with the growing/producing of the product on sale is permitted to sell produce.
4. All produce must be labelled with the growers/producers name, address and telephone number. No GMO products are knowingly sold. Wherever possible, processed goods (eg cakes) should contain at least 10% ingredients of local origin. Receipts of local good purchased will be requested.
5. Only good quality and wholesome food should be sold. Produce should be well displayed and presented. Stall areas should be kept clean and tidy, and packaging should be kept as minimal as possible/recycled.
6. Opening hours are 10.00am to 1.00pm as a minimum; stalls should not close down or pack up during these hours, except in exceptional circumstances and as agreed with the Market Manager.
7. Stalls must display business or group name, address and telephone number together with details, preferably including a map of where the products were grown/produced.
8. The stall fee is payable on the day. If you are unable to attend on a particular date, you should inform the organizer by the Monday before the date of the next market. Traders cancelling after this time will be liable to pay the full charge for the day.
9. All stalls and produce should comply with current Food Safety requirements.
10. Please note that any stall with open (not pre-packed) high risk food (eg meat, cheese, dairy, sandwiches) must agree to abide by
the appropriate Environmental Health regulations.
All traders requiring refrigeration must provide their own equipment.
All electrical equipment must comply with relevant legislation.
11. Stalls will be provided. These must be covered with wipeable material.
12. Food must be labelled and priced according to legal requirements.
13. All stallholders must have adequate liability insurance. All stallholders shall effect at its own cost full indemnity insurance against risks in respect of loss, damage or injury to goods and persons.
14. Access to the shed is available from 6.00am of the morning of the Farmers Market. All large equipment/refrigeration equipment must be in place by 9.00am.
15. Stallholders are required to accept full responsibility for the protection of their goods, vehicles and other possessions. Abbey Leys Farm will not accept any liability for injury to persons or damage to vehicles or property arising from the operation of the Farmers Market or the movement of “stallholders” vehicles on Abbey Leys Farm.
16. In the event that the market is abandoned/postponed for whatever reason any payments received for stall fees will be refunded. The Stallholder shall have no other claim whatsoever against Abbey Leys Farmers Market.
Stall Fee: 6’ table @20.00
Extra table/Gazebo plus 10.00 addition
Any trader found in breach of the above conditions and guidelines will be asked by the Market Manager to leave the Market.